Friday, August 25, 2006

Goodbye Chicago....Hello Pensacola

Such a move across the country has been very crazy. The following pictures are from the last couple of weeks in Chicago and our first weeks in Pensacola. We could not have completed the move without the help of my mom. She rode down with us and helped with Jamila and setting up our new home. It is strange leaving Chicago now that we became somewhat established there. We had made many friends of varying backgrounds and left many Tanzanians there which were our family from the first day we met them. Now we have to establish ourselves again in a new community.

Why do we have so much stuff? And it really isn't that much compared to some other people.
My step-mom, Nancy, me, Jamila and my father in the House of Worship. Jamila's second time there.
The grandparents playing with Jamila.
Two proud fathers with their children-Papa Nii and Jamila.
My birthing team Mojgan, Anne and Kim and my mom was the fourth person not pictured.
Israil and me for the last time in Gilson park. Miss you....
Tae-Jin and Vahid were the last people to see us in Chicago. We had a going away breakfast.
The Kambuga family leaving Chicago.
Goodbye Loyola El stop....
Goodbye yucky traffic on the Dan Ryan...
Dominic the truck driver. He had quite a job driving as you can see from the next picture.

The cutest girl in our lives, Jamila Nyamwiza. She is making all sorts of expressions and we try to catch them but it is hard.


Jamila chewing on her butterfly teether. She was very interested in it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you guys and especially Jamila before you left. Sending you good thoughts.

Ingrid said...

Enjoy the weather, the tropical here-now-gone-again rain, the sun, the space and the southern cost of living! Woohoo for the south!

Lindsay Lamar said...

Jamila just looks great! What was your reason for moving?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have this journal going, Elin, so I can see your family and your lovely Jamila! I have cheered more than one person up showing them pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

Jamila is a gorgeous little girl, just like her mama! I'm glad you guys had a successful trip down to Pensacola--I love it there so we'll have to come visit. I hope you all are healthy and happy--I'll pray for you!