Wednesday, August 30, 2006


Why Pensacola?

For those of you who don't know the story behind moving to Pensacola, here it goes. After I found out I was pregnant, Dominic and I decided I would give notice at my workplace, The Baha'i National Center. As the time got closer to when I would no longer be working, it seemed that Dominic's luck in finding a full-time job in the Chicago area was not surfacing. So we bit the bullet and Dominic flew out to Pensacola, Florida where our dear friends the Kumi's live. They had told us that there was a very good market of jobs for Dominic. In April, he flew out and got a job offer the first day he started looking and later he also found a part time job in addition to his full time job. This was the best opportunity he had since he was in the States so we decided to move to Pensacola for the time being. Hurricanes and all.....

At any rate, we are now settled in an apartment in a condo community and we have the major furniture set up with boxes here and there still.

No comments: