Monday, January 14, 2008

Adventures in Mobile with my Grandpa......
At the end of September my Grandpa Bill came to visit and we went to Mobile for a day. We first ate at the only Indian restaurant in the area and then stopped off at Starbucks for a coffee before going to the ZOO.

I love this chair at Starbucks since it was the only thing I was allowed to play on.

Does this look like a barn to you? Well it is and the entrance to the Mobile Zoo. It took us 30 minutes to get there from Mobile and my parents and grandpa were not sure we were ever going to reach it. I was getting cranky too. Tooo much sitting, not enough running.

The barn was the entrance and had some animals in it too. Here is the calf that I found though it wanted to nibble my stoller but I did pet it and got to mooooo!! too. There were other animals too - a squaking parrot and some lizards and a giant snake.

Then we went out on the trail where there were all sorts of animals - bears, monkeys, tigers, elk and many other animals as you can see.

I got to ride around in the stroller in the hot sun and feed peanuts to the animals.

Some more animals in a non-concrete environment. The Emu's like to peck and snap their beaks but they were very curious just like me.


I got to walk around some too and run and look at the grass and dirt.

And one part felt like a jungle with bamboo and some hidden animals in a cage to surprise us.

There are the donkeys, they say EE-AW and they liked the peanuts too. I am really thirsty but I had a great time see you later!!

No comments: